Q1. What triggers the movement in the stock on a daily basis?
- Demand and Supply
- All the above
Q2. To buy a stock for delivery, which of the following accounts is required
- A bank account
- A DEMAT account
- Trading account
- All of the above
Q3. You become a part owner of a business when you buy shares of a company.
Q4. What is ‘holding period’, with respect to an investment?
- The tenure during which you hold an investment
- Tenure of the investment starting on a 2 T+2 basis
- The holding period reflects the current value of an investment
- None of the above.
Q5. What is the return on investment when you buy a stock today at 125 and sell the same at 145 a year later?
Q6. When you measure returns over two years, you should opt for-
- Absolute Return
- Compounded annual growth rate (CAGR)
- Either absolute or CAGR
- This return cannot be measured
Q7. What does the stock market index indicate?
- Indicates the overall performance of the stock market
- Indicates how a certain section of the 2 economy is performing
- Indicates how all the larger companies of the economy are performing
- None of the above
Q8. How many companies are there in the Nifty and the Sensex index respectively?
- 49 and 29
- 51and 31
- 50 and 30
- Keeps changing every quarter
Q9. Which of these is an application of an Index?
- Parttolio hedging
- All of the above
Q10. Which best describes a sector-specific index?
- An index vwhich tracks the wold economy
- An index to exclusively track the price performance of a sector-specific portfolio
- Nifty and Sensex are both sector specific
- An index to track agricultural and industrial output
Q11. 52 week low of a stock is
- The price at which the stock is currently trading
- The lowest price at which the stock has traded for the last 1 year
- When the stock price hits Rs.52
- The price at which the stock opens
Q12. TCS announces a dividend of Rs.50. The face value is Rs1, what is the dividend percentage?
Q13. You short a stock at 75, for you to make a profit, the stock should
- Move higher than 75
- Stay at 75
- Move higher than 75 but lower than 80
- Go to any price lower than 75
Q14. To square off an short trade, you need to-
- Buyback the same quantity of the stock
- Sell the stock
- Buy first and then again sell it
- Sell first and then buy again
Q15. The volume represents both the buy and the sell transaction
- False- Only buy transactions are considered in calculating volumes